Weekend of Parties

Monday, December 10, 2012

The weekend totally delivered and was so packed that I barely took any pictures.  Greg's work party on Friday was blast, and also a bit of a blur. It was really fun to meet the people he's been working with over the last few months and I'm just so happy to see what an amazing company he works for.

On Saturday we went out to his parents' for the Army Navy game, which was wonderful even though Army lost in heart breaking fashion.  This party has become one of my new favorite holiday traditions over the last few years. There are always such interesting people to talk to, not to mention an amazing spread of food and drinks, which of course never hurts.

The best part of Saturday was giving Greg's dad an early Christmas present - an amazingly beautiful needlepoint belt with West Point symbols, his initials and his company number, which was designed and hand-crafted by my incredibly talented sister.  You unfortunately can't appreciate the details here but as you can see, he really liked it:


As I've gotten older, I really do enjoy giving gifts as much or more than receiving them.  There is nothing like giving someone the perfect thing and seeing their joy as they open it.  Definitely keeping that in mind as I sprint to the finish with the rest of my Christmas shopping this week!

Happy Monday everyone!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

happy little lark All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger