Under the Mistletoe

Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Like just about everyone, I love when the calendar clicks over to December 1 and it is officially time to start listening to Christmas music.  There are so many wonderful songs that have come to make up that genre over the years and so many takes on each that it is impossible to zero in on a total favorite.  This year I thought I'd share an album that my sister recommended to me and which I have been happily bopping my head to through this holiday season: The Good Lovelies' Christmas album Under the Mistletoe.


I love the mix of songs on this album as well as their fun, swingy take on the Christmas classics, including a few less common ones like Mele Kalikimaka, which is one that I often forget about but always love when I hear it.  There are also a couple of original songs that fit the album quite nicely.  I definitely encourage you to give it a spin on Spotify! I know it will not disappoint.

In other Christmas news, I am sad to report that our little rosemary Christmas tree did not survive our trip to California.  We returned to find a sad shrively little brown plant in its place, which broke my heart a little. However, as the saying goes, necessity is the mother of invention and I quickly devised a replacement that I know can survive minimal watering and thus the Christmas Jade plant was born:


Not bad right?  I still want a real, full-sized tree next year but I am very happy with our little non-traditional one at the moment.  I hope your trees have fared better and that you enjoy some great holiday tunes down the stretch here...6 days until Christmas!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

happy little lark All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger