American Football

Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Football season officially kicks off this weekend with the first college games and I could not be more excited. I grew up watching a lot of football but my love of the game, at both the college and professonial level, has really grown over the last three years under Greg's enthusiastic tutelage.  I cannot wait to wake up on Saturday morning and flip on the first College Gameday of the Fall.  I love the marching bands, the school spirit, the fascinating storylines and the additional sense of pride and determination that define the college game. I also love the clean slate and the sense of hope that feeds the (deluded) thinking that maybe this could be the year for my team, or much more likely, for Greg's.

'cago Bears
Sunday mornings have also taken on a new meaning now that I have been sucked into the world of Fantasy Football.  I had my first draft of the season last night with former co-workers and the second one, with a group of our friends, happens tonight.  I love that Fantasy allows you to follow so many players and teams with interest, though it does feel strange when you find yourself rooting against teams you traditionally love, such as the Chicago Bears ( or the 'cago Bears as I called them growing up), which is my Dad's team, or the New England Patriots, which is the team I grew up with, depending on the player.  In any case, I am so happy that football is back and that Fall is coming with it.

2 comments:

happy little lark All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger