New vacuum: A love story

Thursday, August 30, 2012

A very generous birthday present from Greg arrived Tuesday afternoon, and though some feminists might get up in arms about its implications, I am positively thrilled.  It is just the toy I have been wanting for months: the Dyson DC41 Animal.  If you are not interested in me fawning/nerding out over this engineering marvel, I completely understand and you are free to stop reading now, though I do hope you will come back later...

Quite the looker eh?
You see, my previous apartment was a 500 square foot studio with hardwood floors and Greg's was a loft with polished concrete ones, so both of us had managed to get by with a broom and a dustbuster before.  Our apartment, where we have now lived for over a year, has wall to wall carpeting with the obvious exceptions of the entry way, bathroom and kitchen.  On top of that, the carpet was new when we moved in and pills everywhere.  Oh, and did I mention that we have a cat who spends considerable time rolling around on that carpet (and pulling/chewing on it)? We do have a small handheld vaccum with a HEPA filter for pet hair, but I have to hunch over to use it, it has a very small nozzle and it does not retain a charge for more than half a room.  For friends that have been to our place, I promise (!) that I vacuum, especially before you come over, but it has been a losing battle.  I really love our apartment, but that carpet has been the bane of my existence.

Not any more though!  After taking this beauty for a spin last night I have to say that I love it even more than I thought I would and I even love our carpet again. Some girls might prefer jewelry, but to me this present is somehow truly romantic.  Thank you Greg for gifting me with my heart's vacuum desire...I know that we are going to be very happy together.

1 comments:

  1. That's right up there with the salad spinner I gave Patti (Mom) for her birthday the year after we were married...and we are still married almost 30 years later!

    ReplyDelete

happy little lark All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger