Home

Wednesday, November 21, 2012

I realized on the bus ride yesterday that I had somehow not been home since Christmas last year.  I cannot believe it has been that long.  I saw my family at regular intervals between graduations, moving Russ into his apartment and various other trips, which I believe is why the fact that I had not been home to this wonderful house for nearly a year managed to escape my attention until now.

Home.
It is so good to be here.  There were huevos rancheros for breakfast and (of course) a full, hot pot of coffee when I came downstairs this morning to set up my office for the day.  Now I get to work at the table in the sunroom across from my dad, who is definitely my favorite co-worker yet.

Taking care of business
Mom just left to grab Russ from the train station and then the clan will be complete...all seven of us in the same place for the first time since May! I appreciate that fact more and more each year.  Tonight I'm grabbing an early drink with my friend Alix - who I have now known for 22 years (!) - and then settling in to a cozy night at home with the entire family.

One final bit of news - I got invited to interview at Berkeley and Greg and I booked flights this morning for a trip out in mid-December! Still pinching myself on that one and pretty much bursting with thankfulness all around today.  Safe travels to all who are heading home today and Happy Thanksgiving Eve!

2 comments:

happy little lark All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger