Touches of the season in two cities

Tuesday, November 27, 2012

This year marks my 6th Christmas season in DC and as my cab pulled into Union Station this morning, I was reminded of one of my favorite pieces of the season here, namely, the beautiful wreaths that hang over the entry to the station at this time of year.  These decorations have been the same for the last six years and yet they always surprise and delight me the first time I see them - a clear sign that the holiday season is here!


I am in Baltimore today and walking down from Penn Station I was similarly enchanted on this gloomy day by the illuminated snowflakes and christmas wreaths hanging from the lamposts on either side of the street.  It is really fun to see glimpses of the seasonal traditions in another city as a weekly visitor.


Little joys like these are helping me to maintain my sanity during another stressful week of application craziness.  I have TWO applications due within the next week, one this Friday and one next Monday.  I have a lot of material to draw and definitely feel that these applications are significantly more manageable than the first, but I know it's still going to be an intense little stretch here.

I hope your Tuesdays are going well and that you are also finding small bits of the season that make your days bright!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

happy little lark All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger