Post-application & weekend report

Monday, November 19, 2012

Hello! It feels so good to be back after the craziness of last week.  It was a rather painful and sleep deprived process but I am proud to say that I have submitted my first business school application and feel very happy with the overall package.  I have several more to do over the next couple of months but getting over the hump with this first one was an important step and I think the others will follow much more easily.  For now I'm keeping my fingers crossed about this one.

via
I spent almost the entire weekend in Old Town, Alexandria, which is an area where I always mean to spend more time. It is absolutely charming and was the ideal back drop for two days spent hunting for the perfect wedding dress for my dear Katie.  There were many beautiful options to choose from but I think we finally found the main contender yesterday afternoon.  It was so fun to spend the weekend watching her play dress up and moving one step closer to visualizing that big day coming up in July.

Sadly, the one casualty of the weekend was my phone, which somehow managed to get stolen on Saturday night.  Apart from the general sadness over it being stolen in the first place, it seems that my photo stream was not properly backing up so I may have lost many of my pictures, though I'm working to see if there is something to be done on that front.  A new phone will arrive at my parents' house tomorrow, just a few hours before I do, so it is really not so bad after all.

I hope your weekends were lovely and theft-free! Also, can you believe it is Thanksgiving this week? I can't wait to be on the bus home tomorrow evening.

3 comments:

  1. congrats on getting an application in! hope you hear back soon :) -- dress shopping sounds like the perfect reward for hard work

    ReplyDelete
  2. ugh! So sorry about your phone! Have a wonderful Thanksgiving, let's catch up when you're back!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both so much! I hope you have wonderful Thanksgivings!

    ReplyDelete

happy little lark All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger