Weekend Report

Monday, November 5, 2012

The weekend was a great mix of fun and productivity.  It was great to get out of the apartment and see so many friends and I also got a real start on my first application and can finally see the pieces coming together.
Frank wore his dapper argyle sweater especially for the occasion
It started off with game night at Katie and Ben's.  It was such a fun group of people, including a couple that I had not seen in forever, and the only thing that could have made it better would have been having Greg there. A very rowdy and competitive game of Cranium followed by Cards Against Humanity started the weekend off with a lot of belly laughs, which is about as good as it gets.
Me & Russ
Saturday-day was filled with essay outlining and resume edits, which happily led up to a fun night with my brother.  We grabbed hot chocolates for a chilly walk across the bridge into Georgetown before heading to campus for the a capella concert.  I have to say that every time I go to a concert like that one I am stunned by the incredible talent. People that you just pass on the street each day have these unbelievable voices tucked away.  A few of them are even Russ' dear friends and people I completely adore!  They made us very proud.  
From the roof of The Brixton
After the concert we headed over to Adams Morgan to grab fries at Amsterdam Falafel and a drink at Jack Rose, which is one of Russ' favorite haunts on that strip.  From there we headed to The Brixton, which I had been hearing about ever since it opened, and which is definitely is worthy of the buzz.  We headed up to the heated rooftop and decided to treat ourselves to one of their fantastic cocktails.  Russ had their delicious take on Pimm's Cup and I had the Riot Sling, which involved gin, Early Grey, lemon, honey and ginger beer.  From there I grabbed a cab home to turn in for a blissful extra hour of sleep.  It was a great night and struck the perfect balance between being out and about and yet still being tame enough to wake up in good shape for application work on Sunday morning.

I spent the first half of the day at a coffee shop working and the second half catching up with Greg and getting a jump on the week ahead.  I had a great weekend on my own but was so happy when he walked through the door at 3:30 with his own weekend report to share. 

I hope your weekends were wonderful that you are all geared up for a great week ahead, including getting out to the polls tomorrow!  I know I am pumped to be a swing state voter for the first time ever and plan to take full advantage of it. Have a great Monday!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

happy little lark All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger