Spicy Peanut Butter Caramel Popcorn

Thursday, November 1, 2012

Are you sold yet?  My mouth waters from the description alone!  I discovered this recipe last fall (where else but The Kitchn?) and have made it countless times since.  It is a perfect snack for cold weather, particularly when it is a warm and a little gooey, fresh off the stove.  It is also a cinch to make - about 15 minutes tops.


I whipped it up for the first time this fall to take to Lindsey's party and it definitely won't be the last time I make it this season.  A few quick notes:
  • The recipe contains instructions for popping popcorn on the stove top, which you can definitely do if you like, but I have always used microwave popcorn and it works perfectly. I like to get one of the non-buttery natural kinds for this particular recipe, like Orville Redenbacher's Tender White.
  • For the peanut butter, definitely get one with no sugar added, like Jif Natural or another type of natural peanut butter (I like Jif because it's smooth)
  • The recipe lists Sriracha as a suggested addition and I definitely recommend it.  That slight zing of heat really balances out the flavors.  I still add the vanilla as well because I like the flavor.  I usually end up adding a little more than a teaspoon of Sriracha, but just go with your own taste buds on this one.  The key is that you can always add a bit more, but you can't take it away once it's in there, so add gradually.
  • If you want to replicate that fresh-off-the stove gooeyness, you can pop this in the microwave in short bursts to warm it back up a little.
I hope this becomes a new fall/winter favorite for you all as well.  It has become a snacking staple around here when it's chilly!

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. thank you! so glad you liked it - as you can see it is very easy to make!

      Delete
  2. It sounds like satay flavored. Thanksgiving movies are looming!! We'll try it.

    ReplyDelete

happy little lark All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger