Fall basics

Thursday, September 27, 2012

With the days getting a little shorter and colder, I'm working on transitioning my closet to the new season. In doing that, I am realizing that my wardrobe needs a major refresh.  My plan is start with some basics that I know I'll get a lot of miles out of for years to come.

via
At the top of that list is a classic trench coat.  I have a cheap, trench-like coat that I got at H&M years ago, but the lining has ripped and it is officially on its last legs.  I got a lot of use out of it, particularly given the price, but I'm feeling ready to invest a little more in its replacement since I know it will get a lot of wear.  So far I am loving the Commuter Trench Coat from L.L. Bean and the Classic Belted Trench from Banana Republic.  I may shop around a bit more, but I'm leaning towards the Commuter Trench Coat, both because I have a soft spot for L.L. Bean (and Maine in general), and also because it has been tested and approved by my sister, which is a very strong endorsement.  Any basics you are loving this fall?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

happy little lark All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger