Fresh flower love

Friday, September 7, 2012

Every time I go home for a visit, I am greeted with fresh flowers in my room arranged in the perfect little vase by my mom.  In the spring and summer they come from her amazing garden. This little touch always makes my heart swell with even more happiness at being home.  I think that is a large part of why I love to have fresh flowers in our apartment; it makes it feel like a home. 

Two bouquets - five ways
My mom's vase collection has been built up through years of scanning thrift stores and tag sales with an expert eye.  I aspire to have such a beautiful collection one day.  Luckily, she has passed some of it along to me, including the blue hammered glass one (my absolute favorite) and the gorgeous little bud vase at the end, which allowed me to save a rosebud that came off the stem as I unwrapped the bouquet.

Ready!
She is coming to visit this weekend to help my brother Russ, a recent Georgetown grad, move in to his first post-college apartment, which means I am the one putting flowers in the guest room to make her feel at home.  I can't wait!

Happy Friday and have a lovely weekend everyone!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

happy little lark All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger