New seating arrangement

Tuesday, September 11, 2012

My brother's apartment was not the only one to benefit from my mom's trip down over the weekend.  Tucked in with his gorgeous mirror and some estate sale treasures were the lovely chairs pictured below.  They were destined to replace the folding wooden chairs from Ikea that previously provided seating at our rustic kitchen/dining table, which is another spectacular Mom find.

Also on the painting agenda: chair #3 and the bench, probably in white
P.S. - Can you spot the Leo photobomb?
I love everything about them.  They are the perfect height, nice and sturdy, and their shape adds so much warmth and character to the arrangement around the table.  I even love the chipping, mint green paint job, though I have big plans to paint them once I am out from under the cloud of GMAT prep (less than two weeks...eek!) I think I am going to go with the color below, Rust-Oleum's "Wildflower Blue," which would tie them into our apartment's color scheme and also scores points for its lovely name.
Perfect, right?
On a somewhat related note, between yesterday's and today's posts, I have made several mentions of Russ's beloved mirror so it seems only right to share the picture my mom sent last night, which captures it in all its glory in its new, proud home:

Tall, dark and handsome
His roommate called it his "Snow White Mirror," which made us all giggle and is actually pretty spot on.  There certainly is something magical about it.

2 comments:

  1. I love those chairs! And that mirror! I need to get on the estate sale circuit. Any interest in making that a team adventure?

    ReplyDelete

happy little lark All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger