Weekend report

Monday, September 17, 2012

He's been busy
The picture above pretty much captures how the weekend left me feeling.  It is safe to say that the theme of the weekend was "no pain, no gain."  Between hours upon hours of GMAT studying and my second and third CrossFit workouts, my mind and my body took quite a bit of punishment over the last 48 hours.

Fortunately, I think I will start to see the gain part of that equation this week.  I'm coming down to the wire on the GMATs and things are starting to click.  It's going to be an intense week but I see the light at the end of the tunnel. I also approach my CrossFit workouts with increasingly less dread now that I have made some friends in the class.  I'm starting to get a sense of my limits and of when I need to ask for the coach for help.  That said, I am glad to have 2 days to recover before the next class given that I have been reduced to slithering out of bed in the morning since I cannot currently sit straight up from a prone position.  Another observation is that you never realize how nice it is to be able to raise your arms above your shoulders (say, to wash your hair) until it takes considerable effort and soreness to do so.

So, a little bruised and battered, I am nonetheless pleased with my progress on both fronts and feeling ready to take on the challenges of this week.  I hope your weekends were lovely and that the week gets off to a good start!

2 comments:

  1. I had no idea you were doing crossfit!!! Go girl. I'd love to try a class one of these days :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely! You can come drop in with me any time you like :) It will hurt...but mainly in a good way

    ReplyDelete

happy little lark All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger