Siggi's

Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Breakfast is probably my favorite meal of the day and, as I have mentioned, I have quite the sweet tooth.  This means that I often don't make the best choices in the morning as I find it hard to resist muffins, scones, croissants and the like.  All of these are wonderful options to start the day of course, but not every day. So, in an effort to be healthy, I am trying to get excited about yogurt.

Certainly yogurt is not the only healthy option in the morning and I plan to explore and share others here, but it is very accessible and requires no preparation, which makes it kind of ideal.  I like yogurt a lot, but is it the kind of thing I wake up craving?  Not really.  However, that is starting to change as I have discovered some new kinds that are keeping things interesting.

The packaging alone is enough to make me get out of bed!
One of them is Siggi's, which is an Icelandic style yogurt called skyr and is available at Whole Foods.  I have only tried the orange and ginger flavor pictured above thus far but with flavors like pomegranate and passion fruit, grapefruit, and acai and mixed berry, there are obviously a lot of good things to explore.  The yogurt is very thick and creamy and the fact that it is punctuated by bits of spicy ginger and orange peel makes it all the better.
 
So there it is, a thrilling post about yogurt to start your Wednesday.  Happy mid-week everyone!

2 comments:

  1. ahhh I love Siggi's too and miss being close to a Whole Foods... also try the Brown Cow maple yogurt. more like dessert than breakfast. win!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooo, that sounds right up my alley. Totally going to try that at my next chance, thanks for the recommendation!

      Delete

happy little lark All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger