Labor Day Weekend

Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Long weekends are truly the best.  This one was a mix of work and play because I had a work project that required some attention but I managed to fit in a lot of good things nonetheless.

Good thing that my assistant doesn't mind working weekends!
Greg was thrilled to have the long weekend to unwind between jobs.  The extra day definitely made a difference.  Between college football and spurts of work I was also able to sneak in a fabulous brunch on Sunday morning at Lindsey's charming new house, which pretty much made my day.

Adorable front door + amazing porch
I had my first pumpkin latte of the Fall after holding out all the way to September 2nd.  I also sipped on the best pumpkin beer there is, Shipyard Pumpkinhead, which we discovered on a weekend getaway to Maine 2 years ago and hardly ever manage to find here.

The best - from New England, naturally
We capped the weekend off by hosting friends for Virginia Tech's season opener.  Watching the Hokies fight their way to an unbelievable OT win over Georgia Tech definitely brought things to a close on majorly high note.  I know all the 'Hoos out there may think I'm a traitor, but to love a Hokie (or at least mine) is to love their team and Greg's joy over the nail-biting win was contagious.

Back tomorrow with a fantastic tailgate dip that I tested on our guests last night...hope the short week gets off to a good start for everyone!

6 comments:

  1. I love your positive voice and your ability to celebrate the joys in life large and small in clear, fresh ways.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Dad :) I am so glad that you are reading (and enjoying!) it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1) Your new Vacuum is beautiful. I can't wait to meet it in person.

    2) I need to try that Pumpkinhead beer. Adding it to my to-do list ASAP.

    3) I love your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pumpkinhead is seriously the best. Might need to kick off my fall with some this weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You definitely should! It always makes me think of you, little Mainer that you are.

      Delete

happy little lark All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger