The West Wing

Tuesday, September 25, 2012

I have alway been a bit of a political junkie, so it is kind of unbelievable that it took me so long to watch The West Wing. I had caught the odd episode here and there but at my sister's recommendation, I finally started watching it from the beginning a few months ago.  It is safe to say that I am addicted.

via
Now in the middle of season five, my crush on Josh Lyman (poofy hair and all) grows with pretty much every episode.  I also find myself wishing that I could actually vote for President Bartlet and all his scholarly, New England charm.  It is also interesting to watch it several years later and see how many of the same political battles are still being fought along the exact same lines.  That may sound a little sad, but I guess what I mean is that the show really captured the essence of the central debates we continue to have as a country.  I know that I'm late to the party on this one, but it really is an extraordinary show with an incredible cast of characters.  If you are looking for recommendations for your Netflix queue, this would be mine!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

happy little lark All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger