The weekend

Monday, September 24, 2012

Saturday's sunrise
When you reach the end of the GMAT, the computer asks you one final time if you want to record your score and after you click "Yes" it takes about 5 second for it pop up.  That doesn't sound like a long time, but my heart was pounding as I waited.  Happily, two intensive weeks of studying and practice tests paid off on Saturday afternoon with the score I was looking for and I breathed a huge sigh of relief.
  
Celebrating with Russ
After my exam I walked up to my old neighborhood.  It felt so good to walk around the city on a beautiful fall day feeling completely unburdened.  I called my brother and we met for a drink and late lunch.  It was the perfect way to unwind after the intensity of the exam.

Real French macarons - from Paris!
After that, I went home to meet Greg so that we could head out to Dulles to pick up his parents.  They had been in Europe for the last two weeks and we picked them up and spent Saturday night catching up over spicy take out and a bottle of wine. 
 
Yesterday was a perfectly laid back Sunday and a great cap to the weekend. I'm looking forward to a great week of catching up with friends now that I'm not on GMAT lockdown.  Happy Monday everyone!

2 comments:

  1. Wish I could have been there to celebrate!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We would have loved to have you join us :) You are due for a DC trip sometime this fall miss!

      Delete

happy little lark All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger