Ooof

Thursday, September 13, 2012

I woke this morning with physical reminders of the fact that there are many definitions of being "in shape."  I am a very active runner and have been for years, but last night I went to my first foundational class for CrossFit and wow am I sore. 

I decided to try CrossFit because I feel like I have topped out with running, even though I love it and will definitely continue to run.  My body is just so used it after all of these years that I needed a new kind of kick in the butt and boy did I get one last night.

In the background there? A kettlebell.  I learned how to do a "Russian KettleBell Swing" last night with a much,  much smaller one.
Greg, his sister, and several friends started doing CrossFit over the last year and are all incredibly enthusiastic about the results and the community.  I'll admit that I was very intimidated when I walked in last night and caught the end of the higher level class and people doing crazy looking weight lifting maneuvers.  However, as mine started up, I found that people were really supportive and more than happy to offer tips and help me with my form.  I need to complete 12 foundational classes before I can hang with the big kids and I'd be lying if I claimed that I wasn't a teeny bit scared to go back for round 2 on Saturday, but I'm also excited to see where this goes.

Until then...ooof.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

happy little lark All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger